This is one of those builds that is just beyond the normal scope of building. The incredible shaping would be amazingly impressive even without the fabulous interior! Stupendous work!
Check it out on Flickr!
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Tuesday, October 8, 2013
I recently made an order on Bricklink.com from a store called ChromeBricks. They sell custom painted chrome helmets weapons and armor all the way from Germany! I originally heard about ChromeBricks by reading an article on TBB by Nannan Z. I wanted to see what they were like for myself but didn't have an excuse for an expensive overseas order. ;)
Then when my brother's birthday rolled around I figured I'd get him some awesome Chrome stuff!
We were not disappointed!
I put together a couple minifigs to try them out!
|The two color chromed sword matches perfectly with the super shiny gold helmet. (It's so shiny you can see me in the reflection!)|
|This helm looks amazing in silver!|
|The silver hoplite helmet is ideal for even the most glorious of heroes!|
And he found the Holy Grail!
- Each item is perfectly painted for a pristine shine!
- They are quite durable, which is good for people who still like to play with their 'figs and make changes and customize.
- Great selection of items, and I'm told if you contact them they can chrome any particular piece you want! (with added cost, I'd imagine.)
- The Price is the biggest factor that would discourage a future order, most of the helmets are more then a couple dollars a piece. For example, the two colored swords were 11 bucks a piece!
- Shipping all the way from Germany isn't an easy matter for us in the US. It's expensive and you'll probably want insurance as well.
All in all, definitely worth the money, and it will really make you 'figs look incredible. But It's not something I would spend a load of cash on every month. ;)
So Be sure to check out the ChromeBricks site and get some fantastic chrome items for your collection! :)
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Saturday, September 14, 2013
Sunday, September 1, 2013
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Check it out on Flickr! :)